Frequently Asked Questions
What is Star Trek Gateway?
Gateway is a web application which lets you look at your Star Trek captains, ships, bridge officers, fleets, and other data from Star Trek Online. Eventually, you will be able to interact with Star Trek Online through Gateway without logging in to the full 3D client.
The purpose of Gateway is to let players into Star Trek Online without needing to start up the full client.
Star Trek Gateway is in Beta, and we look forward to hearing what you think about it. Let us know what you're thinking by posting to this forum topic.
If you have technical issues or experience any bugs such as problems using Gateway with your web browser or device, please let us know by posting to this forum topic. Please let us know what operating system and browser (including version numbers) you are using. If you are using a mobile device, let us know which one.
Also look at the Known Issues below for a list of things we already know about.
- Gateway is tailored to work on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices supporting HTML5.
- Gateway has been verified to operate on recent versions of Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer. It may work on earlier versions of these browsers.
You must log in to a Perfect World account to use Gateway. If you don't have one, you will have to create one first. If you have a Cryptic account, but not a Perfect World account, you will need to create a Perfect World account and link it to your Cryptic account before using Gateway.
- A cookie is used to keep track of your session while you using Gateway. This is a "session cookie" and is not kept after you leave the page.
- A second, persistent cookie is also used by Account Guard to determine if the particular browser install is authorized for use with your account. This cookie contains no account information.
- The list of characters is not updated after login. If you create a new character (or delete one), you must log out and back in to see the changes.
- Pictures of bridge officers do not show the officer in their chosen stance.
- Though Gateway uses the language preferred by your browser, there is some text that is not yet translated. Gateway supports the same languages Star Trek Online does: English, German, and French.
- When used in IE8, Gateway is a fixed size and does not resize to fit in the window.
- Kindle Fire: Using the back button disconnects the user from Gateway and leaves the browser in a confused state. A workaround is to use the naviagtion buttons in Gateway and avoid using the back button.